Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Where to fly in Tucson,Az?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Where to fly in Tucson,Az?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:49 PM
lynx_strife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to fly in Tucson,Az?

So I got my self a nice 4ch. Trainer and dont have anymore money to put into memberships to the AMA/RC Club. I work on a fixed income and well would like to know somewhere/anywhere I could fly in Tucson,Arizona? I live on the NE Side near reddington mt. Iwill not have money for memeberships or anything for sometime and well got 3 gallons of fuel to burn through!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
mclina

Default RE: Where to fly in Tucson,Az?

This is the type of thread that generates lots of replies, but I'll start by asking if you already know how to fly. From your question, I would assume that you are just starting out.

I don't know the area, but there may well be open spaces where you can fly out in the desert and not bother anybody. The problem is, that if you do not know how to fly, your plane will last about 20 seconds before you crash it. If you can't afford a club, you should at least find an experienced pilot to help teach you how to fly.

The other problem will be in getting your engine broken in and tuned up. This is also where an experienced pilot can help out. If you are going with the basics (no electric starter) then getting the plane started can be frustrating. It can also be dangerous if you are not using a starting bench, or have some way to safely restrain your plane.

Hopefully, someone from your area will show up here and offer to help you out. There are a lot of very helpful people on this board.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 PM
lynx_strife

Default RE: Where to fly in Tucson,Az?

Well I had some experiance with flying a firebird electric that i could fly in a park, but i traded it for a glow trainer. I wanted something i could drop the gear into a new plane once i out grown out of the tainer! The trainer I got is used and all that so the engine is broken in already, I just tuned it yesterday and gonna fine tune it tomorrow. I wont be able to get to fly it for two weeks due to weekend being taken by the guard. Just dont know where I should go. I do practice all the time on my flight sim clearview though. Iam starting to think I should have stayed with the electric park flyer lol.