Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Saito Prices~Wow!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Saito Prices~Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito Prices~Wow!

I had been shopping for a Saito 82. I missed the sale at Horizon for $260 or $270 and was considering used to save some money. But many usedfor salewanted that much or really close for one and then you did not have the 3 year warranty.
I shopped and looked for quite a while until I came upon A Main Hobbies website. I found that their price was the typical $299.99 like everyone else. But I had seen a coupon on the web for $25 off for a purchase of over $250 so I put the 82 in my cart and to my surprise is priced out at $245.99! What a deal. Now I just lost the $25 as I had to spend $250 so I added a couple items to get that additional $25 off. This and free shipping too!
I thought it was some kind of mistake until I looked at other Saito engines they carry and placed them in the cart to see the real price. That appears to be the deal, place it in the cart as if you are buying to see the real discounted price.
And with the no sales tax and no shipping it saved me even more.
Try it if you need a motor, it sure saved me some money!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Saito Prices~Wow!

That was a surprise!! Deals are out there if you take the time to look. The prices of OS and Saito have gone nuts over the last couple of years but the prices of YS didn't sky rocket so they became the best deal in town. I haven't looked in quite a while to see if they have gone up to the land of stupid these days but I would have thought with all the good deals on gas engines we have today the glow engine people would have thought about there pricing a little more. I haven't seen any proof of that but you woulda thunk!!