RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   Crash Etiqutte for Dummies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/5823441-crash-etiqutte-dummies.html)

bkdavy 05-08-2007 05:18 AM

RE: Crash Etiqutte for Dummies

Is your wife gonna let you replace it?

Brad

burgh_guy61 05-08-2007 05:50 AM

If the first thing the crashing pilot says is "I got interference" or something about radio trouble when it was obviously pilot error are all bets off and we can use any of these lines??

CGRetired 05-08-2007 05:54 AM

Man, that was some crosswind, right?

rcdivot 05-08-2007 05:55 AM

Hurry and pick up the peices. I wanna fly mine!

I think I still have that book for beginners!

What an idiot!

a65l 05-08-2007 06:23 AM

" I could have saved that".......

A

Insanemoondoggie 05-08-2007 07:03 AM

I told you not to say , Watch this!

burnin1st 05-08-2007 07:14 AM

how about
"WOW that was AWSOME!!!!"
or
"Did you see the way the prop shaft came out the tail?"
or
"Do it again daddy"

ok I'll stop.

elenasgrumpy 05-08-2007 09:15 AM

Of course you realize that if you'd had just backed out of the throttle & added a touch of elevator you could have recovered that right?

True crash story: We have 5 flying stations at our club field & that is our limit in the air at one time. One pilot per station, 5 planes in the air. So one day during our regular Wed & Fri morning flying session of the regular Wed-Fri guys we had all five stations in use when a friend of my just calmly mentioned that we had a squad of "Chinooks" approaching from the northeast. Now these choppers were still a good 1/2 mile out when my other friend flying from the southern most station comes crashing in at full throttle right smack in the middle of the runway. He hit so hard at such a high speed, if I had to hazard a guess I'd say in the 100mph range because that is the speed he likes to fly at & has the planes to do those kind of speeds. Anyway, he hits so hard that Mustang bounced at least 15ft back up in the air leaving the rest of us dodging shrapnel while still trying to keep an eye on our own planes & biting our lips to hold back the laughter as he said, " Did you see that? Darn Helicopter just shoved me right to the ground with his prop-wash!! There was absolutely nothing I could do. By this time the "Chinook" squad was approaching maybe the 1/4 mi mark north of our field while the friend at the northern flying station (closest to the choppers) who had calmy announced their presence was doing "touch & go's". LOL. To this day he will still bring that incident up once in a while & say" Yea you were there when those helicopters knocked my Mustang out of the sky weren't you? At which we obligingly answer oh yea, "I saw the whole thing, It was a terrible shame the way they did you".

He's a great old guy & just an absolute ball to fly with. He's in his late 70's & knows no fear what-so-ever!! He is a fantastic flyer in the air, it's the ground part that gets very interesting.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] He is definitely loved by all & drives a long way to get here. In fact he drives past a half dozen clubs on his way just because he says he has more fun flying with us, and we certainly have more fun flying with him too!! I hope he out-lives me because I would miss him terribly if he goes first. A true one of a kind with a great since of humor thst would give you the shirt off of his back in a hale storm if you asked him for it. Looking forward to playing airplane with him again tomorow morning.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]

My Dad got the pleasure of meeting him one day & being of the same age group & both a couple of old time flyers, they hit it off famously! So He was really wringing it out & putting on a show for the "Old Man" & Dad was loving every minute of it since he was another one who's throttle only had two positions. Wide open, & off!! Since he can longer fly watching my Old Pal fly was the next best thing for him & the more he complimented him the wilder he got. Then he finally did an outside loop right in front the viewing area & came up just a little short & planted it like a lawn dart!! That time I just couldn't resist saying. " ya know if ya just had one more ft of altitude you'd had been able to pull that one out". He just shook his head & gave me that "you're an A**-Hole look.[8D] Then brought out a Dego Red & proceeded to wring it out for the Old Man. It was a great day. We all had a lot of fun, and I love the way he plants an expensive plane, shakes it right of & breaks out another one. He never let's it ruin his mood, much less his day!;)

xrae 05-08-2007 09:25 AM

1. ARF-ARF!!!!! ARF-ARF!!!
2. Wow you fly just like the first two letters in your crappy radio. F$%ked Up
3. Those sudden stops are a killer.
4. What do you call that maneuver? The Tiller?
5. I never knew What O.S. stood for untill you yelled OH S*#T!!
6. I got a portable shop-vac.
7. Would you hurry up and get the runway cleaned so more experienced pilots can fly.
8. Are you free to go buy beer now?
9. Can I bum some fuel from you.
10. WOW Your plane looks just like I saw your wife the other day HAMMERED!

All in fun :):D

P.S. I got called Jr. (my radio brand) once after a dumb mistake I made. I was really mad at the mistake but after the JR. crack I was laughing. Besides if you don't crash one every now and again your're really not flying.

Insanemoondoggie 05-08-2007 09:46 AM

Thats a cool story, thanks for sharing.

heli_Rod 05-08-2007 10:01 AM

Uhhhh....you done with that frequency pin now?

Nice yard dart!

Rod :D

CGRetired 05-08-2007 11:28 AM

Yeah, Grump. I learned if I go out to the field with one plane, I usually end up bring it home either in a few pieces or in a bag so I usually bring two.. a spare so to speak. Then the gods of the crash don't frown upon me for being so arrogant and bringing only one plane (figuring that I can fly it all day.. right?) and usually crunch it in on the first flight..ha..

Add this one to the list:

Was that a bird I just hit? (based on personal experience... hit a seagull with my Excelleron 90 but fortunately, only the tail wheel... which I managed to recover and repair rightg there at the field.... the damned bird kept on flying.. [>:] ... :D )

DS

bruce88123 05-08-2007 11:35 AM

You need to aim better.:D

saramos 05-08-2007 11:45 AM

"Even Larry coulda saved that one"

"Hey Larry, channel 47's clear"

"Hah ha ha, we all saw that one comming"

rollo 05-08-2007 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: LT-40

2. "From now on, I'm calling you Captain Crunch!!!"

LT-40

My vote for the best one! Nice one LT-40.

jester_s1 05-08-2007 01:03 PM

You guys have forgotten the number one pissoff after any screwup:

"Whatcha shoulda done..."

After my Deb went fishing on my second flight ever, this obnoxious dude at the field took 15 minutes to tell me how I screwed up in building a SPAD in the first place because none of them fly well, what trainer and radio I should have bought, and how I needed to go the ARF route so as to have a "quality built" plane. It wasn't the best time for advice.

garyo1954 05-08-2007 03:16 PM

Loved that Grumpy.

Man, that was the best camo paint job I've ever seen. Look! It matches the ground perfectly!

N429EM 05-08-2007 04:02 PM

I used this one on myself.

"I thought I was closer than that evergreen."

This was after the wing on my NexSTAR, clipped the top of the tree. Over 200 feet from the end of the runway.
(Stupid Rookie). What a way to end a flying season.

E J

spiral_72 05-08-2007 04:09 PM

Captain Crunch. HAR!HAR!

rclement 05-08-2007 04:26 PM

We had a guy at a fly-in once that crashed his bi plane and then later won a couple of mondo sized bottles of epoxy. Lots of laughs on that one.

Shortymet55 05-08-2007 06:06 PM

"Your not using channel 46 are you?"[:o]
"Can you turn your radio off? I just turned mine on before you crashed, and I think its causing radio interference."
"My turn to fly"
"You know this field has a fine list of Instructor for beginners."

Sky Dart1 05-08-2007 10:27 PM

"Well, now I know what channel THIS transmitter is on..."
-no really. I've seen that happen.

"You know, I'm a club instructor, right?"

Insanemoondoggie 05-08-2007 10:44 PM

I didnt mean t turn my radio on, I fought to look at the freq board !

stockdaddy 05-09-2007 01:12 AM

"That's what you get for flying with a F-F-F-Four-Stroke."

"Can you hurry up and get your plane, I wanta take off soon."

"That plane was a piece of crap anyway, better off buying another one"

"Can I get a shot with you and your wrecked plane?"

smosher9 05-09-2007 06:57 AM

I was the only one at the field and I had a crash last weekend where I mis judged the treeline.

After I went into the woods and picked up the pieces other members showed up and
asked what happened. I told them I was practicing coming in from the other direction and mis-judged the treeline, and they ALL said, yeah we've all done that. Kinda made the hurt go away.

Steve