Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Boats - All
Reload this Page >

Victoria Sailboat

Community
Search
Notices
Boats - All Listings by RCU members of personally owned boats and kits for sale.

Victoria Sailboat

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 10:43 AM
Banjoboatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victoria Sailboat

Time for my Thunder Tiger Victoria sailboat to move to a new home. Boat has never been painted and has the original “Victoria” side decals. Top of the deck has yellowed due to sun exposure, but there is no damage to the boat.

Upgrades include: Rod Carr custom mylar sails with mainsail battens and reinforced head, clew and tack (original sails included); graphite jib and main booms and tapered graphite mast; metal masthead crane and spreader (original plastic spreader included); custom single stainless steel side and back stays with adjustable rigging screws (extras included); front stay has adjustable bowsie from original Victoria sheet line; adjustable main boom vang; has original lead bulb keel (which I don’t think is offered with current models); Spectra sheets for jib and mainsail are routed through brass deck screw eyes, brass fairleads and single and double scale Harken blocks. Includes additional Spectra line; stainless steel wire for stays; spare crimps; additional brass spreader and cotter pin guides; bowsies and original Victoria sheet line.

Includes Hitec Ranger II 2 channel 27.045 MHZ AM radio and Hitec HP 2RNB 2 channel receiver and original Victoria Build/Operational Manual. Has installed Hitec HS 645MG Ultra Torque sail servo and Hitec HS300 rudder servo.

Local pickup or delivery within an hour’s drive from northeastern NJ is preferred, but can be shipped.

Shipping would be at buyer’s actual UPS shipping and handling expense. For shipping, boat would need some dis-assembly, e.g., separating keel and mast from hull, and removing rudder. Shipping cost estimate should include basic package (closest UPS standard size box would probably be 36”x10”x10”) and likely separate 48”x4”x4” for the mast. Total weight of packages should be less than 6-7 lbs for box with the hull and 3-4 lbs for the box with the mast. 07450 is the zip code origin. Actual UPS shipping cost can be estimated on UPS website given package dimensions, weight and buyers zip code. Please add $10 for packaging. If boat is shipped, some re-assembly will be required at its destination.

Shipping an almost 4' graphite mast in its own box is risky with any shipper. As an option, buyer may decide to delete the mast and instead order a mast from Brighton Boat Works or Goodwinds Composites, both of which offer new graphite masts for the Victoria. Either vendor would likely ship the mast in a more robust mailing tub than what UPS offers. If the buyer selects this option, I will reduce the price by $15, and still include the masthead crane, supplies for the spreader and the boom vang. Buyer would then end up with a new mast and save on some packaging and shipping costs and have a less risky shipping option.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:11 AM
rickj
My Feedback: (213)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Price and pics