Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Scorpion Commander ESC question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Gypsy56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpion Commander ESC question

This may sound like a really stoopid question, but I can't seem to find the answer.
I have a Scorpion 45a V2 Commander ESC which has the infrared thingy with the little keypad for programming the ESC. My question is this: Do you leave the infrared module connected between the ESC and receiver at all times or just during programming? I'm an old time glow flyer who is still trying to figure out these sparkies, but I sure do like them!!!

Thanks
ED
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Commander ESC question

Ed, from what I've read on it you can go either way. Leave the infrared unit hooked up inside your bird for ease of adjusting the esc.

But I don't see why once you have everything programmed to your satisfaction that you couldn't pull it out.

I mean if you don't pull it out you would have to buy another unit if you had a second bird with the same esc as the first one, and you wanted to program it also.