Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

RV-9 esc programming question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 AM
djensen623

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RV-9 esc programming question

Iam building an E-Flite RV-9, and am finally getting around to the electronics install now. My question is what should I use for my esc settings. I'm using a hobbywing 40 amp esc, Exceed 480, 1020kv motor, and hitec 65mg servos all the way around (5, including flaps). Im powering this witha 2200mah 3s SkyLipo. I have the hobbywing programmingcard, and was wondering how Ishould set up the brake, timing, cut off type, cut off voltage, start up mode (imassuming normal, since soft start wouldbe for heli's) and governor mode. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 AM
plane-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RV-9 esc programming question

I would start with the settings the esc comes with, probably you are ok with that. I bought my first programming card a few weeks ago after not changing any settings for any esc I have for the past 10 years. I bought it for my quad, where I needed to set 4 esc's and didn't like the hassle of programming through the tx.