Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Mysterious beeping

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Stoneke
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious beeping

I have a Turnigy Plush 30 amp esc installed in my Pkzn Wildcat. All has been working great until a rough landing last week when I hit a small rise andcracked the cowl. After a new cowl I connected the battery and got the usual musical notes indicating a good bind. Then the esc went into 15 seconds of continuous beeping (2 beep/second). During this I have no connection to the controls and the prop twitches back and forth. After the 15 secondsthe beepingstops and all appears well and ready to go - all control surfaces and motor are operational. After thorough contol testing, the plane flew fine. Anyone have a clue what is going on?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mysterious beeping

Sounds like the esc is not receiving a signal from the rx at times or the bec is not powering up the rx. You could have damaged the rx and/or the esc. The bec in the esc is what powers the rx and servos.

The double beep is the esc saying it's not getting a throttle signal. And the throttle twitch is the esc not being controlled by the rx, and lack of servo action is most likely no power to the rx.

Also check all your solder connections. If you have a bad one, like one cracked in the landing it could be causing a poor connection. A poor connection will cause resistance, resistance causes heat. Heat can make a connection expand slightly, possibly just enough to make a solid connection.