Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

AXI Motors PROS AND CONS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:51 PM
RCaillouet3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXI Motors PROS AND CONS?

Hello all!

Just got off of the phone with the guys over at Hobby Lobby! First let me say that these people are some of the best in the business. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with them with question after question even about items they don't stock, and they answered all of them!

Anyway, I am thinking of purchasing an AXI 2212/34 from them. I am wanting to put it on the front of my Accord II from NE Sail. I am also thinking of purchasing a Laser Mini 3D to hang it on as well!!! I am wanting something to swing a 10 - 11 inch prop with a somewhat low amp draw and the AXI seems to be the almost PERFECT answer! Ideally it will have a bunch of torque instead of a lot of speed (flying field I fly is somewhat small and climb is better than speed.) I am planning on using the motor with my 8 cell 1100 MaH KAN packs. I am also thinking of getting a 2s or 3s 1500 MaH Kokam Li-Po.

Well all, with what I am wanting in a motor, what do you all think of the AXI 2212/34? Or should I think of the 2212/26? Or even should I look at HiMax 2025 with 4.1? Or even ......... ah shucks, this list could go on forever! Just give me some help all!!!

Thanks,

Reg
Old 02-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: AXI Motors PROS AND CONS?

I think you will be better served by the 2212/34 than the /26. You will be able to run it on 3s without a problem, and you will be avble to swing a larger prop than you could with the /26. Here are some numbers from my bench tests of the 2212/34
Old 02-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Dr Kiwi

Sorry - don't know where the file went?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45409.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	98384  
Old 02-07-2004, 05:32 PM
RCaillouet3

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!

Reg
Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the Dr. here. The direct drive AXI motor will give you a maintenance-free solution.

Good luck!