Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Please help an elcetric newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:38 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help an elcetric newbie

Hello everyone. I have a question that prolly seems stupid to some of you. I am just getting into the little indoor 3-d foam planes. I would like to know if you can use NiMH batteries with a brushless motor. All that I have seen recomended is LiPo's. I would like to have Lipos but the expense of the batteries and the charger is not allowed by my budget at this time. I have a complete system with himax motor, castle creations speed controller props and gearbox all set out, Im just trying to decide on a battery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Please help an elcetric newbie

Of course you can use NiMH batteries on brushless motors. Electricity is electricity; it doesn't have "flavors" that a particular motor won't like (e.g. EEEEW! Grape! I hate grape! ). Also, if you have only seen LiPolys recommended for brushless motors, you haven't been looking very hard... NiMH is still a very popular choice for budget minded and cautious fliers.

Just like with the LiPoly batteries, the NiMH you choose will depend on how much current you're expecting to draw.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Default RE: Please help an elcetric newbie

Well, Ill tell you where I have been looking. Foamy FActory .com. I've downloaded all their planes for foam airplanes. Ive also found a power combo that they recommended. I just didnt want to spend that much on LiPos. Thanks for your help.