Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Really need help on brushless setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
miedosoracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help on brushless setup

OK, this is something I am trying to make. I have tried many (thousands of dollars worth) different brushed motors and can't get the RPMs out of it like I want. I have tried, Jamara's, VM's, Speed 600s etc, even car motors. The car motors actually get the rpms I need, but burn up in about 1 minute. Not cool! I have a Midifan, and I am trying to set up a brushless motor directly to a 12volt supply. Is this possible, and if so, how do I bypass the controller? There is just a on/off switch, no need for different speeds. Please help me, because this project is driving me nutz. I am trying to get atleast 25,000 or more RPM on the Midifan. If you have any thoughts on a 12v brushed motor that will work, let me know on that as well. Thanks chad
Old 04-08-2004, 06:26 PM
BruceDana

Default RE: Really need help on brushless setup

You really need to read this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/How_...1558046/tm.htm
Old 04-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Yep, a brushless motor won't work without its controller.

25000 RPM on 12 Volts? An Endoplasma will do that all day long. I suspect you're trying to draw too many Amps through the motor. A brushless will definitely be the way to go.

It might behoove you to talk to one of the motor manufacturers, such as Aveox.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:31 AM
miedosoracing

You guys are a Godsent, I think that will be the perfect motor for what I am looking for. The only thing I am worried about, I can't find data on voltage. Will the Endoplasma 16t be able to hold my 12v, without burning up fast. Is that the turns I am wanting, because that is the one I am finding everyone is running as I search for endoplasmas. I just am looking for something that is gonna last as well. Most car motors seem to want 9.6 volts and burn out in a couple of minutes for me. Thanks chad
P.S. yeah, I figured that much about the brushless, but some guy, when I did a search on them, said he made a controller, so I thought there might be a way to get the straight power, to controller, to motor. Without having the have a remote controller. Just a set full on controller. Thanks again. I am gonna try this endoplasma.