Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Le Mans Speed 480. How much current?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Stratus311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Le Mans Speed 480. How much current?

I'm currently using a Speed 400 motor with a Great Planes C-10 ESC 12A continuous and was wanting to use my Le Mans 480 motor but was curious if it would draw too much current. Anybody have an ideas or thoughts on this. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Le Mans Speed 480. How much current?

Maybe. Maybe not.

What battery and what prop are you planning on? That will determine how many Amps the motor draws.

I'm not familiar with that particular motor, but given that cheap can 480s can draw up to 15 Amps, I'd suspect that at optimum levels, the Lemans can draw at least 15 Amps, and probably more. If you plan on running the motor at a lower power level, you can use a smaller ESC. Otherwise, the C10 ain't gonna cut it.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Stratus311

Default RE: Le Mans Speed 480. How much current?

Yeah that's what I thought. I may stick with a smaller battery and run maybe 6v or maybe even 7v. As far as prop size I'm not really sure. It may be a little larger prop but I have no idea exactly what size. I was wanting to figure out how much current draw should be expected before I try to determine prop size. I just built a flying "wing" or pizza box, whatever you want to call it, yesterday that is 12" long by 16" wide. It is made out of 2mm coroplast. Any ideas on prop size to keep current down?