Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Parkzone j-3 cub battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 03:16 PM
yeaYnot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone j-3 cub battery

Well, I am really getting the hang of my j-3 piper cub from parkzone. But, the 8-9 min flight times are killing me. I wanna fly LONGER!!

The Parkzone J-3 uses a 8.4V 600mah NiMH battery. Can I swap this out with a 1800mah 7.4? My goal is longer flight times and I don't wanna swap out all the electronics.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Reddog177

Default RE: Parkzone j-3 cub battery

yeaYnot,
Any larger batteries wont fit the battery compartment. The only ones I've found that fit are the ones from ParkZone. Buy an extra set from them and that will double your flying time.
Are you flying full on all the time? I'm getting almost twice that time with my ParkZone J-3 on one full charge.
Dick
Old 07-01-2004, 09:07 AM
yeaYnot

Default RE: Parkzone j-3 cub battery

Yea, I'm flying full throttle. I know at 50% I can fly more, but I'm just starting out and its easier for me at full throttle (should be the other way around?)

I'm not so much worried about it not fitting, I'll get it in there. I wanted to see what effects on the electronics a 1800mah 7.4v nmhi battery would have. They are
lighter and about the same size.

I see that maj woody has tried it [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1804194/anchors_1804194/mpage_1/key_parkzone/anchor/tm.htm#1804194]Maj woody uses 1800mah on j-3[/link]

Can you shed some light on that woody?

yyn