Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ESC for Park 400?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:14 PM
wjhecox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC for Park 400?

i am putting a brushless motor in my F-27 and would like to know what the best on is. my LHS recommends the JETI 18a. what do you think?

thanks,
Old 07-15-2004, 07:54 AM
tony_kilwein

Default RE: ESC for Park 400?

I have a himax 4200-25 with a castle creations 25 works great!
12x8 prop 6:1 gears, motor and controller cool after running even with prop hangs.

There may be better as I am starting in electrics myself.

Hope this helps,

Tony
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39905.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	153892  
Old 07-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Typical Speed 400 current is in the 10-12 Amp range. Any higher than that is a performance increase. Either the Jeti 18 or the CC Phoenix 25 will be plenty.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Epoxy Cup

Flying mine with a Jeti 18 works great, but I'm sure the CC Phoenix 25 would be just as good. I have both types and no complaints about either one. That being said the CC is made here and seems to get good factory support in the forums[8D].

My park 400 setup is as I said Jeti 18, 8cell KAN1050 batt's, GWS C-box, and stuffed in a GWS Formosa. Oh I have only flown once with this motor in it, changed from stock 370. On the park I started using a GWS 11X4.7 prop. My Astro wattmeter said 11.5 amps, 85 watts. I thought that sounded OK but when I flew it performance was pretty mediocre[&o]. Maybe I should try a smaller prop? Any suggestions?

I didn't notice when I bought it but, it does have one small motor shaft. Hope it doesn't break. I thought it was the same as HiMax but my LHS does not carry them, and I got the adapter and gold connector with this. Anyway I think next time i would go HiMax just because of the shaft size