Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

pinion gear attachment to motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 08:02 PM
dnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinion gear attachment to motor

I have a himax 4200 with like 90 pinion gear ,the pinion fits real loose on the motor.can I solder it on? if so what is the best way to do so?The gear is loose enough that it can be pushed on by hand.It is the only gear that fits my heli.would locktite be better ?Is there a way to make it a bit tighter before locktiting it on...Thanks Dan
Old 10-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: pinion gear attachment to motor

Loctite is your best bet. You might want to check out some other threads on Loctite so you know which type to get.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Mike Parsons

Default RE: pinion gear attachment to motor

Use Green loctite 638. You can find it at most autoparts stores or http://www.mcmaster.com/ carries it. Also a little goes a long way, I order mine from Azarr (http://www.azarr.com/gearbox.htm). Look at the bottom of the page and you will see the 3 pks for $1.00. Each pack is probably 1/4 oz and you can get about three uses out of each one.
Also...ensure you let it setup for 24 hours before you use it. Once you apply the loctite, set it down and walk away. Alot of people try and run up the motor right away or within a few hours breaking the bond. It will feel like it is setup during this time, but will not completely cure until 24 hours.

-Mike