Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Speed control for Tigermoth 400

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 PM
dusmmdb34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed control for Tigermoth 400

I recently bought a tiger moth 400 from GWS. I plan to stick with the stock 400. I read Greg Covey's write up on the tigermoth and he sounds like he knows his stuff. I took his advice and upgraded to kokam 3 cell 1500 batteries. I am still new to this game and don't know much about voltage, over discharge etc......
My question is did Greg use the ICS 300 J ? If not, what did he use? It was recommended to me to go up to a ICS 480.
Also, should I get a speed control that has a cutt off that keeps me from discharging my li polys too much?

Every time you think you are starting to think you are getting it......pow..........more questions
any advice would be appreciated
Old 10-09-2004, 11:18 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Speed control for Tigermoth 400

I have a Castle Creations Pixie 20 in my TM400 with the stock motor and prop. I have no trouble with it plus you can set the cutoff voltage for the lipo's.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Speed control for Tigermoth 400

I agree, you can't go wrong with a Pixie 20!