Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Is it safe to use these props on this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:38 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it safe to use these props on this setup?

I'm currently running a....

Zagi XS W/ ASTRO 020 5TURN w/ Castle creations 25 amp ESC and an 8 cell battery pack.

Would it be safe to run these props on this setup without drawing to many amps and burning up my ESC.

5.5x4.5 apc
6x4 apc
6x5.5 apc

-Steven
Old 10-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it safe to use these props on this setup?

I don't think your ESC will be a problem. The motor isn't as robust as the ESC, and will burn out first.

www.astroflight.com lists a couple of example configurations for their 020 motor to give you a rough idea of what it'll do.

You can "run the numbers" at www.flydma.com using P-Calc, but keep in mind that P-Calc isn't going to be 100% accurate.

If you know someone in your area with a Whattmeter or similar device, you can run each prop for a few seconds to get a measurement.