Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Gear Box question/problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
TJPro35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Box question/problem?

I have a tribute and running a 370 with the standard gearbox that comes with the tribute. I am running 3cell li and using a 12.6 prop (just for testing motor).
The problem is when I get to about half throttle, my gear box gear lifts up on the shaft and then comes disconnected from the motor. How do I stop that from happening ( be nice, Im a newbie .

Also, I got a prop adapter from Chiefs to use a APC 11x4 prop. How in the heck does this thing attach to gear shaft??? Seems the gear shaft is much thicker then the adapter. Pictures would be a great help!!!

Thanks for your help!!

TJ

Mod Note: Edited for language MEK
Old 10-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Gear Box question/problem?

You're trying to put too much power through the motor. A smaller prop will help.

The prop adapter is obviously the wrong one. It should simply fit over the end of the shaft and clamp on with a collet or set screw.

If you've got a nearby hobby shop, take a look in their brass or aluminum tubing assortment. You should be able to find a piece of tubing or a combination of two to make a bushing for the propeller. Just make sure it's shorter than the prop hub is thick, so the washers and nuts can tighten down on the prop.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:03 PM
TJPro35

Default RE: Gear Box question/problem?

Matt,
When you say to0 much power, are you referring to the battery or prop? or both? Battery power is a 3 cell li 1500, using a Jeti 8 speed control. It is the upgrade that Chief Aircraft sells with the Tribute. Dont understand why Chief would give me the wrong prop adapter.[:@]. They sent me a 11x4.7 prop...is that too big too?

thanks for your help Matt!