Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Futaba reciever with JR crystal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:01 PM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba reciever with JR crystal?

I got a GWS reciever (Futaba) and a JR radio.So, would my mini crystal that is in my other jr reciever work with the futaba reciever? should it work? well i tried but it didnt. so, that mini crystal some of it for jr and some for futaba?
Old 12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba reciever with JR crystal?

Don't mix brands of crystals. If you need a crystal change go to Radical RC's web site, you can send in a frequency crystal and get it changed for a different frequency for $5.00. Its a great deal.

You might have a larger problem however, JR is a postitive shift system while Futaba is a negative shift system. The transmitter and receiver much match shifts.

Larry
Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Right!!! JR won't work with Futaba. JR and Airtronics go together and Futaba and Hitec go together. You can't mix unless you have a receiver that is shift selectable on it. Hope this helps. Gerry
Old 12-14-2004, 08:06 PM
barelias

Thanks guys. My reciever is GWs 6CH Naro type CE. I dont see any where shift selectable on it. it seems to be a basic reciever.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:03 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

I pretty sure that won't work. It really sucks!!!! I found out the hard way also. Had to sell some receivers. Gerry
Old 12-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Yep, it takes more than just putting a JR crystal in the receiver to make it JR compatible.

Receivers are generally designed around crystals of a certain frequency that are manufactured to a certain tolerance. That varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. You ALWAYS want to get the correct crystal for the receiver for the best and most reliable performance. Otherwise, you're just shooting in the dark. It may work, or it may not. It may work now, but might not when the airplane gets a few hundred feet away. It may work fine at a few hundred feet away now, but two flights later, who knows?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:27 AM
barelias

got it, thanks all