Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

help a newbie with ESC/safety switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
turbomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help a newbie with ESC/safety switch?

Hi I've been into RC cars for a long time and now wish to fly as well so I just bought a foam rtr plane, now the problem is while testing the radio the motor wouldn't respond to the trottle command from the transmitter, I pushed the safety switch button and bingo the motor went however now I can't turn it off, the ESC won't respond to the transmitter. I let that battery pack go flat, charged it up again but as soon as you plug the battery in the motor goes even with the radio off or on, I have checked the radio by swapping the channels around and it seems fine so I guess the ESC is stuffed or is there a trick with the safety switch?
Old 01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
jooNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help a newbie with ESC/safety switch?

Silly qustion, but; are you sure your ESC is plugged to the right channel on your RX? OK, silly question!
Usually ESC`s don`t start the motor before you have moved your throttle-stick to full throttle and back to stop (remember the throttle-trim too) due to the self-calibrating. But your ESC have an extra switch which none of mine ESC`s don`t (except one Jeti.....) Try another ESC!