Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Pubhi
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help please!

I don't know a whole lot about brushless motors as I have never used one. However, I am very disappointed with brushed motors and how quickly they kill the batteries. I have been looking on ebay for a good in expensive setup and I have found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...977271766&rd=1

What I would like to know is, can I use this motor for an airplane? They add says its for a helo and i've tried looking up info about what size prop this motor can turn but i've been unable to find any information. Can someone please tell me if I should get this motor for a GWS P-51?? THanks.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help please!

That motor will definitely need a gearbox to be effective. It's not a particularly hot motor, but it's still too hot to spin a useful prop on its own.

As far as gearbox fit, you might luck out, and it will fit in the stock GWS gearbox. Then all you'll need is a pinion gear to mate up with the spur gear on the gearbox. Sounds like it's got a 1/8" shaft, so finding a pinion might be a little difficult...

The motor itself is fairly close in Kv to the brushed EPS350C motor, but you'll gain some in efficiency due to the ball bearings, lack of brush drag, and computerized commutation (i.e. the brushless ESC). With the stock gearbox I'd expect it to turn roughly the same size props, maybe a size or two larger, while using a bit less power.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:05 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help please!

At 20mm dia. it will fit in a GWS or Himax gear box. The GWS will need an adapter plate.