Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Better Outrunners - Virtual Requests

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:11 AM
stevenchao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Outrunners - Virtual Requests

We are in the process of redesigning our brushless outrunners again. However, before we introduce them, we like to see if we have made every effort of making something that fits you, the consumer. So here is the chance for you to list things/features/performance/assembly/request/service... ANYTHING you like to see on your future brushless outrunner motors. Don't mind about our production limitations you name them, perhaps other mfgs will also watch this thread too. Hopefully you will make a difference in the next generation of production.

If you feel awkward posting your ideas/request/concept, you can email us at [email protected] (Attn: Steven Chao if you like). Please use this thread title (Better Outrunners - Virtual Requests) so we can easily track mssgs.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric
Tel: (310) 470-5188
Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 AM
c-grain

Default RE: Better Outrunners - Virtual Requests

Steve,I think there's a need for outrunners with a higher KV.Most all of the larger outrunners have a KV of less than 1000.this usually results in the need for a high voltage ESC and 6s yo12s LIPOs or 24 to 36 cells and this kind of setup results in a large expence to the customer.Many of these outrunners can turn very large props,which are more efficient than the smaller props for sure,however,most planes do not have long enough gear to accomodate these large props.E-Pusher jets would especially benefit from higher KVs because they are not intended to hover and don't need the high thrust, they need speed and sufficient thrust.I think an outrunner the size of the AXI 2826 with a KV of around 2000,one about the size of the 4130 with a KV of around 1200,and one about the size of the 5330 with a KV of about 7500 would be just about right.Just my 2 cents.Also, the case construction should be more like the Cyclone 160.Look at the front of the 160 and see the "spider" type frame---lotts of air intake to the motor.The large MPJet(28/10-13&28/20-7)also have this type of construction.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:39 AM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Steve, can you provide a link to your current series of outrunners?

Here's a list of outrunner manufacturers (+60), pictures to, might be inspiring or spark an idea or two
http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/thre...did=43664&sid=

Vriendelijke groeten Ron van Sommeren
• diy motor building tips & tricks
• diy outrunner discussion group
• int. E fly-in & diy outrunner meet, Aug.28th, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 AM
stevenchao

We have not officially released our outrunners as of yet. We want to see if we have missed some important features that consumers want.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM
spicy

I'm new to electrics, but things I would look for in a product:
Motor mount hardware incorporated in the design and/or included with motor
Prop adapters as part of the design and or included with motor
Integral esc's, or option to purchase with correct size esc
Good explanation of terminology in advertising, i.e. educate your customer so they know what they are buying
Reccomended props sizes and batteries
"Plug and Play" power systems for various size aircraft. Analogus to dropping a .40 size glow engine in a 4-5lb. aicraft and a .60 size engine in a 5-6 lb. aircraft
And of course, it needs to look good
Old 08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: spicy
Good explanation of terminology in advertising, i.e. educate your customer so they know what they are buying
Explain which wires to switch when motor runs in wrong direction. And especially which wires NOT to switch, namely the wires between controller and battery.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:31 PM
mblue2050
My Feedback: (6)

All of the above and what just happened to my first brushless bought earlier this week.

Stationary shaft through the stator needs to be attached firmly to the rear case housing.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_32...tm.htm#3285946

Michael