Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

calculating gear ratio

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calculating gear ratio

OK, I'm going at this in another direction. My gearbox on my Yak 55 has the bearing support broken. I don't know what size to buy. I've counted the teeth on each gear. The pinion has 11 and the spur has 51. It mounts on a square balsa stick 3/8". What is the ratio? And where can I get one? Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: calculating gear ratio

Back to school:

How many times will the pinion gear turn in relation to the main gear. 13 into 51=3.9 to 1? Solution, buy a brushless with adequate power to fly without the complications of gear systems. May be cheaper in the long run aftr buying gear systems and airplanes when the gears fail. It sure would be a much better flyer. Gear systems in my view are a crutch for adequate design. To each his own! Sorry, cound not resist the jab.