Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

HiModel motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 AM
enrique1123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiModel motors

I recently ran into this website, they have great prices and I received my merchandisein about 2 weeks. Very good stuff and very cheap. http://www.himodel.com/en/index1.html Check out the selection of motors and batteries.[link]http://www.himodel.com/en/index1.html[/link]
Old 11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
IBWingnutz

Default RE: HiModel motors

Yeah whats the quality with these things? Are they dependable?? Cheap gear I am always questionable about but would like the know the real deal from real people. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:31 AM
eduardo100366

hello. I have seen the himodel price and are very atractive but i don´t know if the quality is good. Someone know it ?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
enrique1123

So far I am impressed with the results of the 3 motors that I bought from them, I also had good results with the ESC's. I have tried only one of their batteries and the power and weight is similar to other LiPo packs, I don't know how long it will last but i like the results of the other stuff. The big outrunner that I bought from them is now being offered by Balsa Products at a slightly higher cost but still at a good price. If anything goes wrong I wouldn't know how to go about warranty though. In the past when I bought stuff from Balsa Products they have been great so maybe it is worth a higher price for peace of mind. However The motors from Balsa Products and KMS as well as their respective ESC"S seem to be the same down to how you prgram them. The battery is also a dead ringer for the
FMA packs that I bought in the epast down to the shrink wrap. I really like the convenience of getting these products at a really good discount. As for performance I am really impressed with the motors. I just ordered another motor to install it on my GP Corsair. I had really good results with 4 Cell LiPo and 11x6 APC. The motor is http://www.himodel.com/en/rc_hobby/electric_855.php and the battery is http://www.himodel.com/en/rc_hobby/electric_387.php and the ESC is http://www.himodel.com/en/rc_hobby/electric_839.php I really like the speed of the motor and the battery holds up very well. I am flying them in a Right Flyer .25 without dihedral and it flies it really well.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Basingstoke flyboy

Hello

I’m interested to read your comments on HiModel. I've just bought a BM3520 motor 60A Controller and some 3600mAh Li-po's from them. Delivery was very good 1-1/2 weeks to the UK.
The only problem I've found with Quality was the contacts on the RX plug of the controller, the crimps were not made properly. I sent an E-mail to HiModel and they seem to take the problem seriously.

Only time will tell on the batteries. One pack I brought last year have been fine.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Chris_K

I picked up one of these brushless inrunners from them:
http://www.himodel.com/en/rc_hobby/electric_1223.php
For the price it seems pretty good. I've only run it on the bench, so can't comment on its longevity, but so far so good.

Chris
Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 PM
enrique1123

It's been a while now since I started using their stuff and I am still very happy. Theis finish is not the best maybe but performance is on par with units that cost twice as much. I really like their lipo's, they hold up very well. I just wish they made better chargers. They have the paypal option again so I just placed another order. I haven't had a single failure with any of their motors or LiPo's. As soon as I get a new digital camera I'll post some pictures of the stuff I got (my 9 year old daughter broke the old one)
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought a HiModel battery at a trade show. I was thinking of ordering more products from himodel.com. Has anyone had any problems with product quality and/or shipping costs?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Agarabaghi

Anyone know if there is a USdistributor. I went to order a similar motor to the Ammo 28-35-3900kv motor and found one for $13, looks nice, but then you go to order and they want 2.9% processing for Paypal / CC, as well as $20 for shipping!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
whitecrest

I've had very good luck with them. I've been using two small outrunners from them for 2 years and they still run like new. The batteries have performed very well with lots of power. I'm still using the batteries I ordered from them 2 years ago. If you stick to smaller, lighter-weight items, the shipping is not too bad. Delivery has been very reliable.