Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Adrian Page Cub Power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:05 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adrian Page Cub Power?

I just started building an Adrian Page Mini Cub today, this is my 1st electric kit and I have a question about the best power system for this plane. The Cub has a wingspan of 40 inches and a wing area of 230 sq inches with a weight of 16 oz. They recommend a GWS 300A with a 3.75:1 geared motor. I would like to not use a gearbox for simplicity sake. Does anyone have experience or recommendations on a power system, Motor, battery and speed controller? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Will
Old 02-11-2006, 06:25 PM
bhole74

Default RE: Adrian Page Cub Power?

A 16 oz. Cub. I might try a E-flite 370 outrunner or similar with a 12-15 amp esc. It powers a 9 oz foamy very well, should do the same for the Cub.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Adrian Page Cub Power?

Thanks for the reply, I will look into that motor. I'm looking forward to trying the electric and being able to fly closer to home than I can with the nitro planes.

Will