Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Hyperion motor etc. setup enquiries for two e-sailplanes

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hyperion motor etc. setup enquiries for two e-sailplanes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 AM
David Gower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperion motor etc. setup enquiries for two e-sailplanes

G'day,

Set-up advice required please for two e-sailpanes using Hyperion motors and ESCs.

I want to use Hyperion gear as it's readily available here, and as I also have the Hyperion e-Meter which will assist me with set-ups and more particularly programming the ESC.
However I need a good place to start.
The models are the 2m span RCM-Pelikan Filip 600 T-tail, the other the 2.4m span FVK Signal-Rippe. Both are around 1.5Kgs, wet.
I believe that both would be adequately catered for with a Hyperion 3025-06 or 08 motor, and with a Hyperion Titan 50A opto ESC for each of them.
They would have 11.1V LiPo power packs, a smaller one for the Filip, around 2200mAh, and probably a larger 3300mAh pack for the Signal - 'cos there's more room! Naturally both will have separate Rx packs. The power packs will be more than likely Hyperion also, although the Poly RC packs from CheapBatteryPacks in the USA are apparently identical, but cheaper, and will therefore also fit my charger and balancer. [8D]

What would be a suitable prop range to use for these two aircraft, without hell-for-leather performance, but enough to get them up there smartish? This would be without overstressing the motor or ESC.
I've attempted to use E-Calc to find out for myself, but have found it a little difficult to understand, despite its comprehensive tutorial. I may take a look at Moto-Calc to see if that's any more difficult for me to follow. I just find it hard to comprehend some of these programs.

I'd appreciate an evaluation of the motor/ESC combinations as well as the suitable prop size enquiry.

Thanks and regards from Oz.

David.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
David Gower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyperion motor etc. setup enquiries for two e-sailplanes

Additional info on the above

Neither of these aircraft are apparently available in the USA - at least that I could trace on the RCU website.

David.