Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

FW-190 Motor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:44 AM
boomertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FW-190 Motor Problem

I have a Parkzone FW-190 that I have been flying for the last 1 1/2 months. Everything has been working great with it. The last landing I did went without notice, except when I picked up the plane and started running down the motor to drain the battery. I noticed that the motor was running but the propeller wasn't producing any thrust. The propeller would spin at a relatively low rpm. I replaced the battery with a fresh one, and still had the same problem. I opened up the cowling and did not see any damage to the gearbox and nothing was loose, broken or bent. The only difference I found was that when I would turn the prop before this occurred, there would be some slight resistance in its movement. Now the prop spins very freely at the slightest touch. I can only guess that something has happened to some internal component of the motor. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Chocks_Away

Default RE: FW-190 Motor Problem

I might be wrong, but how you have explained it seems as if the prop has come loose and just needs re-tightening ?
Have you checked that ?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Crashcrazy

Default RE: FW-190 Motor Problem

If it isn't the prop it is the black cog attached to the motor which has let go eg spur gear has done its motor attachment. You need to order a new cog. This a fairly common problem with the Parkzone P51 and FW190 in stock setup. Have a look at the FW190 and P51 threads on the Park and backyard flyers area (heaps of posts and info!) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_148/tt.htm

The P51 thread has about 2000 posts so you will need to sift through it but there have been many attempts/solutions from loctite to metal gears etc.