Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

How to repair my E-Flite 20 Amp V2 ESC??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to repair my E-Flite 20 Amp V2 ESC??

Hello Guys,

I havent posted on RCU lately, but I have a question I cant find an answer to, or more specifically any info on how to fix something. My E-flite 20 Amp ESC V2 has had the shrink tubing around the actually ESC come apart and it looks like it will be unrepairable using the existing heatshrink. I called Horizon hobby directly and they said they cant return it to be repaired since the ESC's are actually made overseas (China - like everything else right!) and they couldnt do anything with it. They also didnt offer to replace it which suprised me since it is only 2 months old and I have only flown with it 3 times.
Anyhow, I am now in a position where I would like to try and repair the heatshrink myself. The actual diameter of the ESC is about an inch so I figure I would need some 2 inch heatshrink tubing to replace it. I have looked everywhere and cant find anything! I live about 90 miles from the closest hobby shop and cant really browse the ailes that easily you know? I have also tried Lowes and HD with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find a piece of heatshrink that might fit this ESC, or does anyone else have any tips on how to replace? Has anyone else every had this happen? Thanks for any replies!

Aaron
Old 03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: How to repair my E-Flite 20 Amp V2 ESC??

I found some black shrink tube at Home Depot about 1 1/4 dia. by the cable and phone wire section. It would work well over the esc. Maybe you can look there instead of in the electric wire section.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

One more thought, try an auto store. Found some interesting things there to.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM
jzrf6c

Have you "Goggled" the web for clear heat srink tubing? If not give it a try.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:47 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the replies fellas! I tried Lowe's and every other place I could think of in the small town I live in (No Home Depot!), and in the end I had my Dad who lives back in California go to Hobby Shop where I would get everything at when I was home (Gyro Hobbies in Lake Forest, CA). They had some clear 1.5" shrink tubing that will work. I searched the web and nothing matched what I was looking for. Thanks for all the help, I will let you know the results when I shrink the ESC back to normal. -

Aaron