Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

How to tweak thrust angle

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Spackles94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tweak thrust angle

I posted a similar question on another forums, but I just wanted to get more ideas, so this might be a good place...

I had to repair the firewall on my HZ Super Cub. I think it's sturdy now (it should be, given all the Gorilla Glue it has now! ). Anyway, I think the thrust angle should be pretty accurate, but it might be a bit off since the foam might have gotten a bit crunched, and I had to reinstall the firewall, too.

However, it may not be. So what would be the best way figure that out? And, in case I need to tweak it, what would be the best way to do it? I thought that adding washers to the motor mount screws would be the best way, but are there any better options?

Also, how do I know where to put them? I guess that, if the plane wants to go right a lot, it means that I should put a washer or two on the right screws, so it's a bit more straight (since the prop would be pointing to the right too much). And if it's having a hard time climbing, I take it that I should put some on the bottom screws, so it's not pointing down as much?

Any help would be much appreciated. It's been pretty crazy trying to figure what's been causing my once-really-easy-flying Hobby Zone to now just want to plunge down and have a hard time turning.