Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Motor / Propeller / Throttle Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor / Propeller / Throttle Trim

I'm relatively new to this and still trying to get my head round 1/10th of it as there's so much to learn.

I have a Multiplex MiniMag with a GWS 2212/13T Brushless motor http://www.gws.com.tw/english/produc...r/gwblm003.htm in it, the current propeller is a 9 x 4.6 or 4.7 (can't remember which) slow fly, if I want to give the plane a little more speed / pulling power through loops etc can I change the prop to a 9 x 6, will it make a difference and does it have to be a slow fly whats the difference between that and a normal and might it damage the engine.

Also the throttle trim is currently set to the bottom, if I slide it up it gives approx 10% more uuumph, there is a level apprx 1/4 of the way up where the prop still stops if you put the throttle to the bottom but does just give that bit more power - is this advisable and if not what might it do ????

If someones in the mood for answering queries may as well throw this one in as well. How do you know what Speed Controlller to put with what engine / battery and does it make a difference to performance / protect the engine, the one that's in the plane is an Athena 18 amp which came out of an Ultrafly Phantom which was too advanced for me when I flew it and lasted a few seconds, is this compatible, again not sure if it makes a difference / it's info you'd need but the batteries are 3 cell 2170 mAh LiPo's.

Help / advice with some, any or all of the above greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!

Neville