Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ESC Throttle Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Andrew86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Throttle Issues

Hi all,

I recently bought a cheap Mag8 30A ESC to power my 1000kv outrunner with a 2170mah 3S TP Lipo, it works fine but the motor won't actually start spinning until the throttle position is past the 1/3 mark. Is there some programming feature of ESCs that enables you to set the throttle range or something? My ESC programming experience doesn't stretch past setting the LVC.

Cheers guys, any help is much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Ryan CSRC

Default RE: ESC Throttle Issues

Most ESC's have a fixed or automatic endpoints. Does your esc list this in the features? Another option is to set the subtrim in your radio so the motor starts at a lower throttle position.

Ryan Lefevre
www.CommonSenseRC.com
The Go To Guys For Electric Power
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: ESC Throttle Issues

also depending on your radio you can set throttle curves and deal with it that way =)