Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Help with Zagi twin brushless setup please....!

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help with Zagi twin brushless setup please....!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 AM
jetgeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Zagi twin brushless setup please....!

Hi all,

My name is Darren , I have been the owner of a Trick R/C Zagi Tazz ( high performance flying wing with single brushless motor ) for 3 years now and am looking for a new challenge. With this in mind I have decided that a custom project is what i would like to attempt. I have decided to buy another Zagi flying wing but this time I am going to buy the twin engine design....

my question to you guys is,

If i wanted the very fastest possible zagi wing i could make, i assume this would be obtained by replacing the 2 supplied BRUSHED SPEED 400 motors with 2 BRUSHLESS units ...? I have very little knowledge of the electronic theory behind the LIPO batteries, ESC controls and which units to place together but I would appreciate if you could help me!!

Would you please tell me which 2 engines you think I should buy, assuming that I don't want to make any size adjustments to the motor mounts on the Zagi wing, ie they must fit the speed 400 mount perfectly or very near, also which ESC to buy? I have been doing a little research and DO know that I will need 2 ESC's for 2 motors... but, can i operate 2 motors on one lipo? or do i need 2 completely separate batteries / ESC / motor systems on board???

I know this will most likely up the total weight of the aircraft, it's normal flying weight is 34oz. I anticipate that by using LIPO's ill be able to use 2 seperate batteries and that with the increase in power from the brushless units this should be no problem.... can you guys please suggest a good MOTOR/ESC/LIPO combination that I can double up in my new Zagi??

Many thanks in advance people!

Darren
Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Help with Zagi twin brushless setup please....!

I'd suggest you look at the range of 28mm motors available at www.lightflightrc.com - Dave Skokan will fix you up well.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
skycom

Default RE: Help with Zagi twin brushless setup please....!

Hi Darren,
why not use 2 of the brushless motors used in the zagi tazz? They are available from Trick RC, only thing is, you'll need 2 speed controllers to go with them, one for each motors.
I've got a similar setup in a xt and its fine.