Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

"Mystery" ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Old Larry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Mystery" ESC

Anyone know anything about the "Mystery" name in ESC's?

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Mystery-RC-ESC-80A-Brushless-Motor-Speed-Controller_W0QQitemZ290200328867QQihZ019QQcategory Z2563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Link to "Mystery" ESC[/link]
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
RedGN

Default RE: "Mystery" ESC

I bought a couple off ebay ( can't beat the price ). They seem to be built pretty good. They can be programmed however i haven't programmed them yet. I put one in a T34 mentor along with a mystery motor and it seems to be fine so far. I also put one in a spitfire which i just bench tested and it seems to be fine. I don't know yet until i test them under extended conditions.

so far so good and at a third of the cost. I got some programming instruction from these forums but i didn't really understand them. I am a beginner and don't know the routine for programming.

Elecrifly ESC's come with much more detailed programming insructions which make it far easier to program.
Good luck with it and hope it works
Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
mjsas

I have two of these and have programmed them. While I do not have any other ESC to compare them to they appear to be well made and appear to work well. As mentioned the documentation is poor and the only way to program them is with the transmitter procedure. I do have a servo tester which makes programming a bit easier. Both ESC,s run very cool with the motors I have.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 PM
dirtracer4

I have a couple I'm trying to set up also. My problem is that the first two option (brake on/off) sounds do not coincide with the instruction sounds. I don't know if things are correct as I have not been able to change anything.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
tankertoad

See "New Budget Brushless Option" on here. I will be testing the Mystery 80A and the RC Smart 80A ESCs in the very near future. Also here's the guide. The first two steps are labled backwards, but other than that, it seems to work OK for programming.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ec87759.pdf (491.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-28-2008, 03:43 AM
Paul81

Bonjour.
Comment programmer le controleur Mystery 60A.
Le mode d'emploi est écrit en mauvais anglais, et je n'arrive pas Ã* le programmer.
Si quelqu'un peut m'aider, en me donnant une réponse en français, car j'ai du mal avec la langue anglaise,merci d'avance.
Paul
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
robertdownes25

I have been using the Mystery brand for 18 months and have only ever had one ESC burnout on me. The Lipos have been given plenty of punihsment and are still going strong. The ESC which burnt out was a 30amp job that was given a hammering for about 12 months and survived two meajor crashes, including a fall of 200 ft when the motor ripped off its mounting and took the ESC and battery with it.
So, I think it's fair to say Mystery, which are cheapos from China/Hong Kong, are well worth investing in. For the price you can't beat them, but I'd agree the instructions are poor, but if you have an inkling of other ESCs you'll triumph with a bit of trial and error.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
WILDTHAWN

Default RE:

MY PENTIUM 80-AMAKES A LOUD NOISE THEN YOU CAN BARELY HEAR THE BEEPS OR MUSIC NOTES OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL THEM AND YES THE LIPO IS CHARGED AND BALANCED I MADE THE MISTAKE OF TURNING THE RECEIVER AT W.O.T. AND DID NOT CATCH IT IN TIME NOW IT DONT RUN AT ALL ANY HELP FOR THIS OUT THERE