Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Eflite Power 32 vs Rimfire & Dualsky 4250 vs Motocalc

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Eflite Power 32 vs Rimfire & Dualsky 4250 vs Motocalc

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:28 PM
mullenc525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite Power 32 vs Rimfire & Dualsky 4250 vs Motocalc

Ive been looking at a motor for my 3.5lb 3D plane, and originally started by looking at the hackers, axi's etc. I noticed the eflite 32 was also popular for this size. After just a little bit of motocalc, it seems that the eflite motor actually outperforms the axi's / hackers in the same class (weight).

This surprised me as usually companies that dont specialize in a given product usually rebrand other lines and therefore usually aren't competitive performance wise (Axi and hacker are motor companies, eflite is a mix of everything).

Later I looked at the GP rimfire and dualsky motors, and also found both of those outperform the hacker / axi (a30xl and 2826). It appears that hacker and axi are outperformed by motors at half the cost.

I am beginning to wonder whether the data motocalc has (presumably published from the manufacturers) is accurate and a fair way to compare these motors, or if for example axi (whose motocalc results are worst) publishes conservative values and GP publishes the value from the best motor their factory ever produced.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Eflite Power 32 vs Rimfire & Dualsky 4250 vs Motocalc

m-525,

if he doesn't pick up on your post, try Ken Myers at [email protected] Ken is the editor of the Ampeer, a highly respected e-power newsletter, and has been doing a ton of highly detailed motorc omparisons.
Walt
Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 PM
patnchris

Default RE: Eflite Power 32 vs Rimfire & Dualsky 4250 vs Motocalc

Not sure about Motocalc figures, but I can tell you that I have tried various motors of different mfgs, including Hacker and AXI and I have always been a little disappointed, compared to my E-Flight motors. I can tell you from experience that the Power 32 is quite a motor and is in the Ultimate pic, in my avitar. That Ultimate weighs in at just over 5 lbs and I've bench tested it to over 700 watts on 4S....It got warm, but in the air I'm sure it will be just fine.....all of my larger planes, including my .50 sized Yak are running E-flight without any issues. I'm looking at an 6.5 lb Extra that I'm going to power with a Power 60, next....JMHO....Pat