Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

hacker jeti sensorless ESC and motors and pics

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

hacker jeti sensorless ESC and motors and pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
mjderstine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hacker jeti sensorless ESC and motors and pics

hey guys, i have these two motors, and i need to get an estimate or guess on what they are and what if anyone recognizes them.

the dark colored one is at least as powerful as a .90 glow and will swing a 12" prop without trouble. it was on a ultra stick 1.20 and my father flew aerobatics with impunity with it on 24 cell nimh pack

the pretty lookin one. i have no clue.
it says 430-30-2g on the side.

also lookin for specs on the jeti 77-3p

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 AM
jdetray

Default RE: hacker jeti sensorless ESC and motors and pics

The web address of the "pretty" one is right there on the motor: [link=http://www.torcman.de/]torcman.de[/link]. Here's their English site:
http://www.torcman.de/index_e.htm

The site includes info on their TM430 series.

Some specs:
TM430-30 : 800 - 1500Watts, weight ~500g
- as 14pole Version for all models up to 24 cells (up to 1200Watts),
- as 10pole Version for Helicopters (24 - 32 cells) and all other models up to 32 cells

- Jeff
Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 AM
mjderstine

thanks jeff, i did the same research last night too. I have the box for the other one. Its from actro.de and i think its made by Kontronik. but i havent found the specs on this one yet because the box is a generic box from the company, and the motor has no badging.

i do know the specs on the 77-3p opto. 77 amps and 6-30 cells. Jeti info was easier to find as i suspected.
the ESC was used directly with the Kontronic motor.

anyone else have any ideas?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 AM
ron_van_sommeren

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's an Actro allright, manufactured by www.Actro.de a.k.a. the Köhler brothers, not by not www.kontronik.de . Quality stuff, both the Actro and the Torcman. Actro outrunners have been along a few years (ten?) before outrunners, beginning with diy outrunners, became popular. As for the Actro numbers, you could try contacting the USA distributors:
http://www.aero-naut.net/401.html?&L1
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
mjderstine

thanks a lot for the info. the websites in your signature helped tremendously as well.

Both of these motors are designed for a 16-18 inch prop. but is there any reason i could not use a smaller prop? My application needs something 12 diameter or smaller. The number of blades wont matter though. So, if there is a 3 or 4 blade prop that would work do you have any ideas?

thanks again.

oh and
these motors are pretty darn big, and sohuld put out numbers close to a .90 or 1.20 with the right prop and volts.

so you are saying i can just run a smaller prop and be ok? obviously the load will be much less, so that is great for the ESC and motor.

would that allow me to run a higher pitch since the diameter will be cut by almot 4 inches from the normal motor prop recommendations to 12" for my application

i could always run a 3 or 4 blade prop, which reduce the diameter anyway. but does APC make a 4 blade elec prop?

thanks again!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
mjderstine

found some specs on one of those motors i posted earlier.

1500 watts, 77 amps, up to 10 Cells lipo.
i have the 10-pole version which is god for rpm from 8500 to 15,000.

should make a good motor for the Selph inflicted.

data .pdf file for your pleasure
http://www.torcman.de/motoren/tm430/..._430_v1.2e.pdf