Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Power 46 Motor and Lipo source

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
jarih

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power 46 Motor and Lipo source

Hello,
Iam looking to buy the Super Cub by Hanger 9 which is 80" wingspan, I want to convert to EP
to convert to EP, this is what is required according to the specs they are giving

Power 46 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 670Kv

Phoenix-60 Brushless ESCPhoenix-60 Brushless ESC

4200mAh 2S2P 7.4V LiPo, 13 Gauge

My questions are:
1. The motor is Eflite, can I get ESC from Eflite to match that motor?
2. I have a 3200mah 3S 11.1V lipo pack that I use for my Apprentice 15e, I have two packs, Can I use the same battery packs for the above Motor?
3. Is there a conversion chart that can be used, e.g for a .51 size glow engine this is the EP set up to use?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power 46 Motor and Lipo source

Any brand of ESC can be used.

You could use 3s, as long as you reduce prop size to keep the amp draw within limits. I am surprised that they recommend only 2s for a 670Kv motor... they must be thinking of spinning a huge prop. That motor is usually run on 6s isn't it?

A very crude rule of thumb... IC to Electric conversion is watts = cubic inches x 2000... so from that you may need about 1000W. Of course a Cub perhaps doesn't need a lot of power, so you may get away with less (1000W from 7.4v is a heck of a lot of amps!).