Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Electric motor upgrade for T 28

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Stoneke
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric motor upgrade for T 28

I also posted this is the War Bird section. I have a Parkzone T 28 that I have scaled out with different wheels, struts and paint. I know that I have added some measure of weight and would like to explore upgrading the performance with a larger motor and ESC. What has been found to be the most direct way to approach this. I want to keep the costs in the $75 to $100 range. Thanks for your input. I am relatively new to this, so explain all the mods that are required (larger batteries, best motot, etc. ????).

Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric motor upgrade for T 28

I'm thinking that something about this size might be good: http://2dogrc.com/xmotor-3536ca8t-350w-glow-p-2031.html
Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Electric motor upgrade for T 28

Go to RCGroups.com there is a motor comparison thread in the eletric warbirds section. If memory serves me, the Super Tiger 10 was a significant improvement. Also, the test found that going to a 30C battery and 10 X 7 APC E prop made a pretty big difference in performance. I don't remember where I found this, but I read somewhere that people are using the Hobby King TR 35-36 1100kv motor. At $25.20 even if it doesn't do well, its a pretty cheap experiment.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3886&Product_Name=TR_35-36C_1100kv_Brushless_Outrunner_(Eq:_AXi_2814