Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Professional help required!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
NitroHot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Professional help required!!!

Hey,
I have a .28 ofna force and iv been trying to remove a piston and sleeve out of it. Its Stuck, what the do i do, any suggestions??? Thanks in advanced, Shawn D.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Professional help required!!!

Heat the crank case to 200 'F and the brass liner will come out. Just invert the crank case after heating and give it a little shake. The con rod should come off the crank pin with a little pull.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
s_harn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i usually just wedge a qtip between the piston and the exhaust port and turn the flywheel gently to lift the sleeve enough to grip and pull free, use the paper shaft qtips, the plastic ones just get sliced in half usually. though the heat method noted above works well too =3
Old 02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: s_harn

i usually just wedge a qtip between the piston and the exhaust port and turn the flywheel gently to lift the sleeve enough to grip and pull free, use the paper shaft qtips, the plastic ones just get sliced in half usually.
I use a tie-wrap for that. As long as it's not metal (whihc could burr edge of the sleeve or piston, or too soft, as mentioned above (will get sheared in half), it's a good method.