Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

bearings

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bearings

Hey what are some good bearings for the losi 454 I just broke in the engine and read that it was good to replace them after 7 tank of fuel
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RE: bearings

ORIGINAL: colossus281

Hey what are some good bearings for the losi 454 I just broke in the engine and read that it was good to replace them after 7 tank of fuel
Thats bogus. You should not have to replace bearings after 7 tanks of fuel. If you broke the engine in warm with good fuel, those bearings should last 4-5 gallons or more if the engine is tuned properly (not too lean) and not beat to snot. You should clean and re-oil your air filter element after 7 tanks or sooner if dirty.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Yes I did all the right things on breaking in my engine I even run it richer than what it came from the factory and I only use odonnells fuel 30% speed blend I just read in a couple of forms for people saying its good to replace them after break in so I guess that's full of poop? I should be good for a couple of gallons
Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: colossus281

Yes I did all the right things on breaking in my engine I even run it richer than what it came from the factory and I only use odonnells fuel 30% speed blend I just read in a couple of forms for people saying its good to replace them after break in so I guess that's full of poop? I should be good for a couple of gallons
oofda.. well, at least you're using good fuel.. If your engine bearings are going bad, you'll hear what I would call a "dry whine". Its hard to describe but you'll know something's up for sure. In your case, I will say without a doubt your piston and liner will wear out before your bearings so rest better knowing that.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Never heard of anyone suggesting bearing replacement after break in. Perhaps you read it wrong. Rods are what some replace after a gallon or so. If you broke in the engine extra rich and therefore below 200 degrees, I'd worry about the rod.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Well from the factory it was 2 1/2 turns out from close on the high and low speed needle which made it really lean i did 4 on the hsn and 3 1/2 on the lsn and on tank two i was running it just above 200 degrees and higher on continuing tanks and I think you're right I think I did read it wrong but that's what I get for reading forms at 3 in the morning