Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

break in bench in action

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM
rccheech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default break in bench in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbPe...e_gdata_player

The temp is in celcius, converted to fahrenheit its around 220° running on the rich side which in my opinion is critical for matching the sleeve to the piston. This was the very first run in and out of about 1/4 throttle and my ears were ringing!! Just wait till we go 1/2 throttle and more!! The competiton heater along with a break In stand is a must have for a successful break in, this mill should perform excellent!! Its a Novarossi P5, my next engine will be a clockwork Novarossi, Neal is the man....thanks for the tips buddy!! Will be talking again really soon!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: break in bench in action

That is very impressive. Is this your first time using this stand and heater? How many tanks do you put it through on the stand like that?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 AM
rccheech

Thank you, and no its not my first time using that setup, it took some time to get just right tho.

I usually run about a half gallon or so through the engines, you can almost hear when they are broke in, when you do enough of them.
The longer you take the better off it is for the engine. Total runtime for break in will be around 45 min or so.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: rccheech
The competiton heater along with a break In stand is a must have for a successful break in, this mill should perform excellent!!
I know I am being picky but.....I would not agree that you need those particular products to successfully break an engine in.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM
rccheech

True, not necessarily, but temperature and a good consistant load is critical IMO.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Anthoop

Temperature yes....not so sure about this constant load though....does the propeller provide a constant load (when you alter RPM) and why do you want it?
My main point really was that if you want to pre-heat an engine or run a propeller on it there are far cheaper ways.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
rccheech

Sure a homemade break in stand is fine too, as far as the prop on the stand....you will NEVER over-rev the engine. There are other methods out there that work fine.....the stand just suits the role the best for me, there is nothing wrong with other ways to do it, this is just the way I recommend for break in.