Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Sirio .12 Temps

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirio .12 Temps

I have the Trinity Sirio EVOII 5-port engine. The instructions that came with this engine totally suck. They have absolutely no break in needle settings(only on their website), no recommendation of temps to run or not to exceed or anything. Does anyone know what temps this engine should run when being competitively raced?
Old 08-20-2004, 05:06 AM

Default RE: Sirio .12 Temps

apparently on most nitro engines they perform best around the 230-250f mark, this is what people have told me on these boards. i have my VX18 Engine running at 245f and it runs brilliantly, i use a mini infared temp gun.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 AM

Is this with the body on? I also don't see how that particular temperature could be right for my Sirio. I mean my traxxas tmaxx engine runs hot and is supposed to....max performance=around 255-260, and my old Trinity picco I had was supposed to run 210-220.....so i dont know? Trinity's customer service absolutely sucks or atleast the people I"ve got ahold of when I called there did and I dont much want to call them......it's just a bad deal.......$200 for an engine and you dont get the little things that a $100 engine comes with, such as an air filter, carburetor o-ring, and some decent instructions!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:15 PM

250 will be fine for that engine