Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

.18 motors made by toki??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 AM
8man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .18 motors made by toki??

Which ones? I have read this one and that one. Team Orion, Yokomo, Hot Bodies, Peak Performance, Epic, etc. Which are and which are not? The ones that are, which parts are interchangable and which are not? Any and all help would be appreciated.

SURE DO WISH I COULD GET AN ANSWER OR TWO.

There is a lot of conflicting information in these forums on this subject.

STILL WAITING, DOES NO ONE KNOW? IF SO SOMEONE SHOULD SAY SO.

EDITED MESSAGE 3 TIMES DUE TO NO ANSWERS...

I have an RX-18 side exhaust and was wondering if anyone else's sleeve and piston would fit. This has been viewed 20 some-odd times and still no answers. I am new to this board but this seems quite unfriendly. IF anyone answers, would you happen to have any specs on this engine other than HP i.e. bore and stroke?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:15 AM
watermancitrus

Default RE: .18 motors made by toki??

Hello, I have been told that the hot bodies and the toki are the same! After review: they appear to be the same on the outside! There could however be big changes on the inside! Also the RDL engines are the same! There are but a few big engine manufacturers! So i have noticed that many of the lesser priced engines have many if not all of the attributes of the more $$$ big name engines! When in doubt: Take a chance! I bet you will not be sorry!
,Jack
P.S. If you are wanting brute power go for the race prepped engine! Nothing and I mean no engine that is bought off of a shelf can compare to the true RACING ENGINE! If your not running for serious $$$ who cares what engine that you run!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Kemo

Default RE: .18 motors made by toki??

companies have their own ideas for the engines... like how the Wasp .18 sucks compared to the EPIC, engine which is tons better. Same block design.