Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Novarossi N528xsp .28 pullstart

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Schmernst
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novarossi N528xsp .28 pullstart

Well.. The pull start on my N528xsp broke... (before it is even broken in mind you) Something about the spring not resetting.. You pull the string once.. and the motor turns over but the string doesn't recoil back into the housing. I rewound the spring and all that but nothing new happens. (i have it in a 1/8 buggy by the way) SO where can i get a new novarossi pullstart?? nothing on ebay and no online stores seem to have them. is there a Tiger drive or something that will fit on this engine? I already bought a starter box but it is too weak to turn it over. So any suggestions out there?

-scott
Old 04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
johan_123

Default RE: Novarossi N528xsp .28 pullstart

Does it look like there is something wrong with the spring? or the other parts?

Maybe you are putting the spring back in the wrong way? Do you feel resistance when pulling the string? If not, it is wrongly mounted, if it does give resirance, but not enough, try tightening it.

I hate pullstarters, there is allways something that goes wrong with them, I have to open mine and adjust the spring all the time...
Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I never had a problem with any of my pull starters. Some have 4 gallons of fuel on them.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Schmernst

Thanks for the replies! The spring gives some resistance but not nearly enough. Ill pull it all the way then it will only recoil about a third of the way back into the housing.. The spring is pretty nasty to fiddle with. as far as tightening it....... It seems to only fit in there only a certain way with very little room for adjustment. I was thinking maybe the one-way baring?? but the engine turns over just fine when the string is pulled (whatever distance it can be pulled) so i guess i'll have to figure out how to tighten the spring... i have no idea how to go about that, it was a B*TCH just to wind the thing in the first place =o)
Thanks for your help i'd like some more if you have it =o)

-Scott
Old 04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
DHC8GURU

My new Nova rossi does the same thing, won't recoil properly. The problem is where the cord attaches to the inside of the reel, it rubs on the engine backplate extension flange. I will need a new assemble also, the plastic reel is starting to strip out inside the hex. Bummer.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
korevo

change it to roto start novarossi come up with a new roto starter set try it you need it. have a hard time starting with pull starter.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Schmernst

Where have you seen Novarossi's Rotostart for sale? I have seen it on their website but not anywhere else! If you can... post a link! That would solve everybody's problems for sure.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 05-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Schmernst

well, the novarossi rotostart is like $70 so i bought the much cheaper 691 tiger drive. It worked well for the first 3 starts but after that the sg crank stripped out from the main gear in the tiger drive!!! just seem to have no luck starting this beast! I wrote an e-mail to sullivan products (maker of tiger drive) to see what they think. can't beleive the stupid drive broke on me! Anyone else have their tiger drive starter break on them??
Old 05-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Staged

I have a pull start that came off of my EB Mod Tops XRP .28

Should be a perfect fit. If it works on the XS (it should, but I'm not sure), I'll sell it to you.

It has maybe 6 tanks on it, not many pulls, and it always worked perfectly. I changed it to bump start after a couple of tanks! Hated pull start!

PM me if you are interested.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:38 PM
DHC8GURU

I broke my second pull starter. It won't recoil. after inspection what actually is happening is the starter shaft with the hex is slowly working its way out into the recoil and jamming the works up. This problem cannot be corrected. You can pull it backout of the rope reel, but it will keep working its way out and jam the recoil spring. NITROHOUSE.COM has the nova rossi "tigerdrive" for this engine for $67 which I believe comes with a new engine backplate and drive that will work with the NR rotorstart. The tigerdrive 691 does not work properly with this engine because the backplates are different according to Sullivan products. They bolt up but the gears won't mesh right. Sullivan will have one this month that works with the 528xsp.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Schmernst

cool thanks for the info! I guess i'll wait for the new tiger drive to come out since the Novarossi rotostart is so pricey.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

heat up the engine with a heat gun or hair dryer to about 200F and then use your starter box... should be easy to turn it over... make sure you "bump" start the engine.... bascially, let the starter motor run and then bump the buggy down ...... dont immediately push it down or it won't turn over and the electric motors will die...
Old 05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
hpisavage28

you can get one from www. crispycrittershobbyshop.com
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 AM
rcmaster69

I have also novarossi 528xsp engine , which one of the tiger drive fit to this engine?
is this fit : http://www.crispycrittershobbyshop.c...cat=452&page=1