Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Machining engines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Machining engines?

ORIGINAL: bikeracer

Titanium isn't as good as unobtainium...

I will have to agreee with ofnaliebregts. After reading about many different types of alloys, I've never heard of unobtainium until I saw the movie The Core. If such an alloy exists, what elements comprise it and what are its properties (aside from converting pressure into some sort of self-strengthening enegy as proported in The Core) ?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:26 PM

You guys don't think he's just joking here....... c'mon really.....
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

You guys don't think he's just joking here....... c'mon really.....
Yeah,you'd think the bit about the dog and a glass head would have been clues.

Seriously,why would anyone want to copy an engine.The time alone involved makes it a none economical proposition.

I have in the past rebored a model diesel engine when I was flying C/L combat.Made a new piston,contra piston,con rod and crankshaft,a very time consuming but interesting exercise.
I don't think anyone could look at a motor, copy it and have anything as good as the manufacturer made.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is one dam funny thread LOL
Old 08-03-2006, 02:41 PM

bikeracer. We should get together some day and compare our engines. That is if you can get another dog to sniff up your engine. I suspect my kryptonite engine will outperform your unobtainium engine because kryptonite is a much more advanced material and have "self repairing" properties. That means it will repair any internal wear by itself and therefore will never wear out. No more rebuilds Last time I wisited Clark he gave me a good handful of kryptonite because he didn`t want it lying around his house. I`ll soon start making a new engine. That will be a 30 buggy engine and the goal is to reach 62300 rpm and because of the great properties of kryptonite I don`t have to use oil whatsoever, that should add the needed power to rew that high.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Well I was going to borrow a friends Whippoose dog because they are very good at following a scent,but then I realised that I didn't have anything to give him the scent to look for it as it was the only engine I had left that got buried. A Whippoose is a cross between a Whippet and a Mongoose with a bit of Wildebeest thrown in,excellent trackers as well.
Anyway it doesn't matter about borrowing the dog because I am no longer speaking to my ex friend.

Are you sure about the grade of the Kryptonite you were given,you'll need the T9063-SZ7116 grade as it's the only one suitable for your intended purpose,and it's rare to find any to buy never mind getting some as a gift.

If you have any left over from your next engine I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some for my next 23 port engine,16 transfer,3 double schneurle triple bypass and 4 over and under exhaust ports.I'm of a mind to build a .12 size engine and I know with the right materials I can easily get 9.6357HP at 63,963rpm with enough torque to use a single speed 36 clutch bell and a 9 tooth spur.

I'd send the drawings for your appreciation but haven't been able to finish them because my ex friend broke my pencil.I didn't like him much anyway.

Perhaps we should combine our advanced engine building techniques to build a super engine.Just think what a good engine modder would be able to do with one.I'm the first to admit I'm not very good at modding engines,if I was I know I could get even more power from my engines.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM

[X(]... sad...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:35 PM

he he, it seems to me that you have gone even further than me developing engines. Yes a combined technology engine would be unbeatable. Think of it, your unobtainium and mine kryptonite which is from the latest bach nr T9063-SZ7118 2000q10+R. What an awesome engine that would be. I`m thinking of scenting my engines with some hotdog smell so that if disaster strikes I can get the crappy old dog next door to sniff it up. I think I will stir in some tiny bits of hotdog when casting the crankcase just to be sure. It would be cool to make the crankcase out of bulletproof glass, that way one could watch all the internals working and it would be easy to check the conrod and bearings. I also drill and tap the head for 5 single glowplugs, that way I can extract 5 times more horsepower and of course the torque is insane. I`m thinking to put glowplugs in the cylinderwalls as well, to further increase horsepower. The sky is the limit.