Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Need Help with my O.S. 12 TR

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:22 PM
mynesmotorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with my O.S. 12 TR

I have a problem with my os 12......(I think). When It is idling I can apply the brake with no problem the motor stays running. but when Im running around and I hit the brake it dies. I have adjusted the Idle to the point where it's just screaming before I go to run but still the same result. I am baffled to say the least and also as if that wasent enough. today it went through 2 glow plugs!!!! now either that is the fluke of the century or Ive got something going wrong.......when it runs it is as strong as it has ever been. maybe it's time for a rebuild but I really dont thing that's it. It's not running overly rich as the fouled Glow Plugs would sugest but I do tend to err on the side of caution and run a little on the rich side. could this be the problem as far as the glow plugs are concerned. these were both brand new plugs!!!! granted It could have been a bad lot or something I guess. Anyway any light that someone could shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Our area track's race season is about to start and I can't very well race with the motor in this shape!!!
HELP!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help with my O.S. 12 TR

Check your clutch, youre clutch may not be disengaging. Perhaps its tight on the pins, partly melted, the spring broke or something.