Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

GXR-15 problems(newb neeh help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
RcRicer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GXR-15 problems(newb neeh help)

I got the engine to start once for about 3-4 minutes then I turned the throttle trim on my radio and it stalled and cut off. I can't start it anymore. I need some help so I have a few questions.

I already primed it and checked the glow plug and checked to see if the carb was flooded and it is not.What do I do now?

I have the manual with the settings but when I set it I have some problems.My first question is how do you know when the needle valve or (high end fuel/air mixture) is closed? When I turn it clock wise it continues to turn clockwise. It seems to never stop so I can't tell when it is closed. After about 6 full rotation I still don't feel resistance.

My next one is how do you know when the carb is flooded? I was told if the string is hard to pull then its flooded.

My next question is I can't tell if fuel is reaching the carb. My tank has a primer button on it but when I press it the fuel does not seem to be going to the tank. How do I fix this?

If I missed anything could you please tell me what to do or if you have had previous experience with this engine tell me your settings.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:49 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GXR-15 problems(newb neeh help)

I already primed it and checked the glow plug and checked to see if the carb was flooded and it is not.What do I do now?

When I turn it clock wise it continues to turn clockwise. It seems to never stop

My next question is I can't tell if fuel is reaching the carb. My tank has a primer button on it but when I press it the fuel does not seem to be going to the tank. How do I fix this?
Return the high/low speed needle to factory settings. Keep turning the HSN in until it stops. Do this slowly and do not force it when it bottoms out.
Prime the engine by placing a finger over the exhaust stinger and pulling the pullstart a few times. You will see fuel travel to the carb and you may hear it in the carb as well. Place the igniter on and pull the throttle open a bit.(By the radio*) Then crank the engine over until it starts.

Ryan
Old 07-31-2006, 12:37 AM
RcRicer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GXR-15 problems(newb neeh help)

thanks It worked.