Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Does anyone run with 40% nitro

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:33 PM
ry5no2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone run with 40% nitro

My uncle used to run his cars at 40%, he knows alot about them and he was telling me about how hed be running them and all of a sudden it would just seize up, im just wondering if anyone else uses ***ROCKET FUEL***

lol

Thanks

Ryan
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
SManMTB

Default RE: Does anyone run with 40% nitro

I never ran more than 30% in a car but I used to run 65% in the boat. It hauled.....
Old 11-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Nathan9492

rofl, unless u want to be pullling new engines out your *** then stick with someone below 30%
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son doesn't use any nitro and his car is as fast, or faster, than the others using nitro. It really shows on the drag race up the main straight .
Old 11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
mozzzy_2000

no nitro? what fuel is that? pure methanol??
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 PM
hpi apollo

40% is a little extreme for a land vehicle, 30% should be more than enough power for any land vehicle, and no nitro fuel is called FAI fuel, very popular in Europe, i think the planes over there run a very simple 80% methanol 20% castor and they are among the highest performing plane engines, simlpicity is key
Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 AM
3Nex

ORIGINAL: mozzzy_2000

no nitro? what fuel is that? pure methanol??
Very often used in airplanes. I have a friend who uses no nitro on a plane. Someone told me that cars can't be run without nitro (I never understood why airplanes could and cars couldn't), I guess he was wrong...
Old 11-22-2006, 07:15 AM
GRANT ED

I use no nitro fuel in my planes. I have tried it in my heli but it would not idle properly (about 15% is ideal). Different engines are designed for different % nitro content. Some engines wont run properly without it and some wont run properly with it.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:12 AM
125cchyperman

40% is a bit of nitro to be running. You would have to add a couple of shims to do that, or you would just get predetonation I would think. And the engine wouldnt run all that well with predetonation, and if it did run as harawong said unless you have the capabilities of pulling engine's out your @$$ then I wouldnt do it.

But if you can pull them out, I'm wondering if you can get me a new .18cvr or maybe a .12tz. But getting back to all seriousness, I wouldnt do it, as I have run 30% and that had plenaty enough power and it also kinda tends to kill the engine a little faster, I cant imagine how fast 40% would kill a engine.

As for the no nitro you can run engine's on no nitro, as for a car running no nitro keeping up with a car with nitro. I'm not saying that it's impossible but two of the same cars one using and the other not using, I would put my money on the car thats using nitro. I know the difference, from switching 20% to 30% and there is a big power difference. But I always wanted to try running with no nitro as I can get all the methanol alcohol that I ever want. Maybe someday I will get around to trying it.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
SManMTB

You can run without nitro no problems. Run a higher compression ratio and it's going to work fine.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
downunder

The engine we run on zero nitro is a Mach 28 in a Hyper 7. It ran fine completely standard but I've done a fair bit of playing around experimenting with plane engines so we modified the engine to a much higher compression. That's when it started running with and beating other Hyper 7's. We also use 20% castor so it's a true FAI fuel. It certainly couldn't be as fast as a car with high nitro but at the level he's racing right now it's more than adequate, not to mention cheaper and runs for longer on the tank .
Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
ry5no2

wow this is great stuff, i heard that no % nitro in fuel, the fuel is called castor straight, thats just what i heard maybe its and english term like, MINT, lol (only a certain individual will know what i mean) QUALITY

fit eds, (there is a long list lol)

Thanks for the results

Ryan