Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

axial or picco or hyper or ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axial or picco or hyper or ?

I am looking to buy a replacement engine for my Tower Hobbies MT. I am interested in buying any one of the following 3:

1. Axial .28 (8 port) - $130
2. Ofna Hyper .28 (6 port) - $160
3. Ofna Picco .28 (9 port) - $200

As far as physical dimensions are concerned, all 3 of them should fit in the truck.

Just wondering if the higher priced engines do indeed perform better. Can't seem to decide what criteria to have when buying a nitro engine - other than the price.

Please share your thoughts/opinions as I am eager to find out.

Also, if you think there is another comparable engine, please let me know of it.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: axial or picco or hyper or ?

i ahve the axial 28 and its a very good engine, very powerful, also check out the sts 28's, those are cheap and very powerful
Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is also the lrp spec3,sh 28p-6,xtm 457,mach427. they are all good engines.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STS is the hottest engine today (at reasonable cost) 28 is good but the 30 is even better. Just do a search on it and make up your own mind. I just got my STS 30 with the STS pipe from Rc-mushroom.com they have the best price AND they give you a fony invoice if you ask them to
Old 02-03-2007, 12:45 AM

the Mach .28 has brutal bottom and screams on top, as does the sportwerks .26 both are less than 160 The Dynamite .28 is a beast as well. I don't read much into the power numbers but they are all rated over 3 horsepower or very close to it. The LRP is a SH based motor, as are the Dynamite mills, i have the .21 in modded versions and the .28s are next there bad a ***[:@]
Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 PM

STS is a Great Motor alot of Power for the dollar(especially if its modded), I own a hobby shop in Iowa email or pm me if interested![>:]