Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Looking for an engine, trying something new.

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Looking for an engine, trying something new.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:06 AM
xkwizt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an engine, trying something new.

Ive been slowly turning my savage into a racer, last week my engine died (RIP 4.6SS 2005-2007 YES IT LASTED THAT LONG).
I could buy a piston and sleeve for the 4.6SS and get it ported. OR what i really want to do is buy a new engine but not the typical brands, im making a list of new ones that ive seen around, so far ive found:

Axial

.28 either the Spec1S or Spec1RR havent decided yet

SH

Type: PT2803A-P6
Cublic cpapcity 4.57 cc
Bore 18.50 mm
Stroke 17.00 mm
R.P.M 34000
Power 3.8 ps
Weight 400 g

STS

D28M (#2801*)
Monster Truck Engine
Cylinder Contents 4.66cc
Bore: 18.80mm / Stroke:16.80mm
Crankshaft : 14mm SG type
Carburetor: 2 Needles Slide 9 mm
Piston / Sleeve: ABC 3P
Glow-plug : Standard

what would you choose (including the ported hpi 4.6SS) and why? if you have one of these engines please share any information with me, and also can you recommend any other brand .28 engine for me to look at and also give me your experience with it if possible. thanks all.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 AM
xkwizt

Default RE: Looking for an engine, trying something new.

any help appreciated, if you have seen one of these engines in action, ide like to hear from you.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Cypriot Boy

i have an SH not for monster trucks but mine runs great,great top end and you do not have to worry about its temp. i think you will not be disapointed if you buy an SH
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
NITRO FUMES RULE

Hands down I would go with the STS .28. You will not find another engine in this
price range of about $125.00 that will put out the kind of power this thing does. This
includes engines in this displacement costing four times as much. I am personally
running a STS .30 in my Revo and love the dependability and POWER !! I am seriously
considering putting another STS .30 in my Savage as well. You simply can't beat the
value, price, and performance. If you go with the STS .28 make sure to get the
matching STS pipe #0702 which now comes in a configuration to fit the Savage.
You can get the engine and pipe for around $200.00 from Mark at TopSpeedToys
or try Racernine. IMO I would go for the STS D30M over the .28 if your track rules
allow as this engine has better overall torque and peak horsepower for bashing or
track duty.

If you are not smelling nitro fumes and listening to the sweet song your not LIVING !!