Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

old nova .21

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:29 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old nova .21

well i bought a old discontinued novarossi .21 off ebay a week ago with 10 tanks, tip top condition. was running perfect but after each day it would lose a little compression, Today i had a race with a guy that he though his savage could beat me, so 100 laps down the road my engine over heads to 278 w/o the body with 1 inch of dirt caked up on the motor and i culd turn it over easily wih my hand when it was that hot (of corse i used a screw driver) and 10 mins later i went and raced him again and i ran fine but it had a little bog when it was running 250 this time. I ad low gearing this time too. I was always bogging. i though it was lean on the low end, richened it and didnt make a difference and same with the HSN. and right now it doesnt have that much compression like it used to before this race, and it only has a gallon on the thing. Runs good and doesnt bog below 250 degrees so....can you tell me if i will continue to lose comression and my engine is going to be shot in th next race? s this normal? And i checked it while cold and it wasnt that easy to turn over but it was 1/2 as much as when i first got it.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 PM
RBMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: old nova .21

I'm not sure what your asking if " Runs good and doesnt bog below 250 degrees". You should not be running this motor over 250 ever. It will run best & last longest in the 210 too 240 range. It bogged when it was hotter because it was TOO HOT.