Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

What's the Difference Ofna,Picco,Jammin',Force

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

What's the Difference Ofna,Picco,Jammin',Force

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Grits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the Difference Ofna,Picco,Jammin',Force

Could someone briefly explain the differences of these engines? Who manufactures them? Seems like they are all Ofna offerings but there has to be a ranking of some sort. Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 03:26 PM
JB COMP

Default RE: What's the Difference Ofna,Picco,Jammin',Force

the picco P7R evo 2 and the jammin 21 are the same, and the picco 28 and the jammin 28 are the same.

the jammin 12 is a force engine. Not sure who force is made by. The Hyper engines are made by Hobao.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
qaiz

Family Tree

1)Ho Bao 2) Hong Nor
3)OFNA 4) Jammin
. 5) Picco
6) Force

They're all literillay the same company..

Know for a fact that the Picco's are Italian Crafted beasts, not sure for the Jammin. The Picco's appeal visually to me

And there are some timing differiences in between the Picco & Jammin engines, minute lil' differiences.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Grits

Are the Picco and Jammin engines both Italian? Are the parts interchangeable between the two? Which one is the better? I've heard that the Picco is the best made engine at the $200.00 mark, or to get better you'll spend nearly twice as much, and that they are a big step up from LRP, Axial, and other sub $200.00 engines. I notice some of the Jammin and Force engines are a lot cheaper than the Picco so I wonder if the quality is there or is the Picco the top of the Ofna line in the states?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Grits

Are the Picco and Jammin engines both Italian? Are the parts interchangeable between the two? Which one is the better? I've heard that the Picco is the best made engine at the $200.00 mark, or to get better you'll spend nearly twice as much, and that they are a big step up from LRP, Axial, and other sub $200.00 engines. I notice some of the Jammin and Force engines are a lot cheaper than the Picco so I wonder if the quality is there or is the Picco the top of the Ofna line in the states?
Picco will definitely have better metallurgy than the others. At room temperatures, the pieces form the Force derivative engines might be dimentionally the same as the Picco parts, but once heat comes into play (i.e. the engines are at their operating temperatures, all warmed up), the metallurgical differences comes into play. The inferior parts of the Force and Force derivative engines will either expand too much or not enough. This will affect running, and at the very least, the amount that the engine wears.

In the end, I recommnd that you do not interchange the parts even though they are a perfect fit at room temperatures.

FYI: Ofna is the contracted distributor of Picco. Also, Ofna engines ae made by Force.

Trivia: "Picco" is derived from the Italian word, "piccolo" meaning "small" or "little," which of course our model engine indeed are.